Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Random thoughts

Since I was just reminded that I do in fact have a blog (in case I'd forgotten) and told that I should post something, here are a few random thoughts:

- The current exchange rate is scary. I've stopped checking it.

- My original plan to study my 3rd language prior to starting seems to have completely backfired. It appears I will get to report on regretting this decision while I loose additional "networking"/sleeping time. Something to look forward to :)

- US student loan programs are not as bright, shiney and simple as I once thought. Beware future applicants, you cannot borrow money for the deposit, so be prepared to beg family and friends (or however you prefer to get extra cash) if you don't have your own cash sitting around in the bank.

- Before going to INSEAD, do consider long and hard all your options to take time off to travel before the program begins. Even if you would be short on funds, it is entirely possible to find a few couches to sleep on with a bit of networking with other future students. I did, and I know I'm not the only one.

- Check into around the world plane tickets if you've never heard of them.

It's hard to believe that there's just a few weeks left...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If there's one thing I wish I had done before arriving, it's hedging currency.

If there's one thing I was glad I got out of the way before arriving, it's finishing the third language.

Whatever effort you can put into the latter, do so. You really don't want it hanging over your head.

As to the currency...sigh. If you're spending dollars, it's going to be an uphill battle.

Worldly Whys said...

I am a new INSEAD Dec 08 blogger at www.worldlywhys.blogspot.com - add me to your INSEAD bloggers list !

Unknown said...

Why isn't there a post about the incredible experience you had helping me birth a baby before you left for INSEAD? :)
After all, he is named after a bike company that was named after you!