Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ok ok ok...

So if anyone is still reading this, you've probably noticed I haven't posted in awhile...

My first excuse: When you leave your job, it is true that they take back the company computer (Why do they have to do that??). Then the Lenovo tablet I ordered a few months back (copied Necromonger) is finally on the way to my house after a 2 month wait. - If you want one order it WELL in advance of when you actually need it.

Second excuse: For the past few weeks I've been traveling. To get computer access, I have to manage to borrow one from a friend or find a computer lab. Ok, so neither is THAT difficult, but after leaving a job where I was on a computer all the time, I don't really have the attention span to look at one for very long especially when the keyboard is very different from what I'm used to.

Anyway, as I visit some of my expat friends as the new television season starts, it's interesting to see how they all manage to keep up with US TV. Since missing my favorite shows makes me sad (not that I'll have time to watch much TV at INSEAD) and I may not be alone, this is what I know so far:

1. To access all the US TV you could possibly want, you can set up a connection to a US cable box and send everything to your computer via a slingbox with the help of a friend in IT.
2. You can download off the internet...
3. You can learn to like French television :)

The other thing I've been thinking about is the language requirement. I've signed up to take the test for my second language days before the final deadline, and given my relaxed mental state and my procrastination on studying for it, I'm a bit worried...

A few months ago, I did take a language test and scored a B1 level but not quite high enough for INSEAD's requirement on that particular exam. Logically, if I can manage to focus, I should be fine. However, the risk of failing the exam and not being able to go to INSEAD after paying the deposit, putting a deposit on an apartment, and quitting my job wouldn't be fun to say the least...

A tip for anyone, who may be applying to INSEAD and doesn't speak multiple languages, passing an exam in advance would be a great idea for piece of mind... :)

No comments: